A perfect example of the “jewelers art” this hand engraved Stockton police detective star #7 is made of sterling silver and hallmarked Ed Jones Co. Oakland. Circa 1925.
This large #1 “pie plate” star was worn by Stockton Police Motor Cycle officer Elmer Haegney from June 14, 1914 to December 1, 1917 and W. R. Kennedy January 1, 1918 to June 15, 1919. John Shoemaker was also assigned. Badge is sterling silver.
This large #4 “pie plate” star was worn by Patrol Driver of the Stockton Police Department, 1915-1928 and is sterling silver.
2 ounces of silver were used to create this 1952 Stockton Police All Star Game buckle.
Sterling silver Prize Belt for the Stockton Guard presented by H. T. Dorrance, Stockton pioneer and merchant who arrived in Stockton in 1850 and had a Harness and Saddle business.
Early 1st issue Stockton badge made by local jeweler J. Glick, circa 1890. This was the first style regulation issued badge. Many officers wore badge 12 and many scratched their names and initials on the reverse such as F. O'Dair (Fred),
D.W.R. (D.W. Reynolds), J.B.P (J.B. Patton). Department photos show C.O. Smith wearing the badge in 1912. Records indicate that F.C. Garlick wore badge 12 in 1890 and then took the job of Police Bailiff in 1891.
Certificate of Appointment, City of Stockton for Police Officer Frank B. Briare dated 18th of January 1900.