September 10, 1907
D. W. Wixom's personal badge ordered for the newly created position of Police Sergeant. Sterling silver.
San Bernardino County Deputy Sheriff
Aero Squadron badge #42.
Made by Entennman Los Angeles
San Bernardino County Sheriff Reserve Mobile Unit badge #4, hallmarked Geo. Schenck Los Angeles.
Kelso is a ghost town and defunct railroad depot in the Mojave National Preserve in San Bernardino County, California, USA. It was named after railroad worker John H. Kelso, whose name was placed into a hat along with two other workers to decide the name of the town. The town was built in 1905 specifically as a railroad station along the rail line between Utah and Los Angeles, originally called "Siding 16," because of its location and nearby springs that provided abundant water.
Starting off as what was a simple train depot in the 1920s, the town of Kelso boomed briefly to as many as 2000 residents in the 1940s, when borax and iron mines opened nearby. Gold and silver were also discovered in the nearby hills of what became known as the Kelso district. The town shrank again when the mines closed after about a decade.
Lawman Online Badge Museum, Police Online Badge Museum, Sheriff Online Badge Museum, Constable Online Badge Museum.
Jim Casey’s Policeguide.com
Your guide to the wonderful world of badges.